Bill Fitzmaurice Designs David Tower Flat Pack Speaker Kit
- Precision precut David flatpack kit
- Easier construction using pocket screws and biscuits where applicable
- One cut will be necessary during construction.
Complete details and plans are required from
David Tower Horn Home Speakers Flat Pack
- Baltic Birch 1/2 plywood precut for easy assembly
- All the small complex parts are done saving enormous time in building.
- Pocket Screw construction where applicable. Pocket Screws included
- Plywood for ONE speaker
Please allow 10-14 business days for delivery.
The russian birch plywood used in our flat packs is very high quality. The grain
is clear and has nice figuring that can be hard to see. It can be stained and varnished
just as it is with adequate preparation and the correct products. Birch has a reputation
for being splotchy. Through much trial and error of many products, we have found General Finishes Gel Water or Oil stains will
give you consistent, controllable color that can be gorgeous. This subwoofer is stained with General Finish Cherry.
Do not sand past 100g before
applying the stain, it will close the already close grain of the birch.
Of course the cabs can be painted or veneered. BB takes either very well.