Bill Fitzmaurice Designs TLAH Home Theater Array
The benefits of a line array are high sensitivity, wide horizontal dispersion, and a high degree of vertical pattern control
The TLAH combines the features of line array, transmission line and horn-loaded enclosures in an easy to build cabinet.
Only 40 inches high, and extending less than eight inches into the room,
these speakers project a huge soundstage similar to that formerly available only with large horns.
The triangular version may be mounted a room corner, or hung mid wall.
The rectangular version may be wall hung or floor standing.
TLAH DIY Line Array Cabinet
- TLAH gives a combination of high sensitivity, wide horizontal dispersion and tight vertical pattern control that traditional point source speakers can't deliver.
- 8 drivers for 4ohm,or 9 drivers for 8 ohm, 12 tweeters
- 40 inches tall, it may be made triangular for wall hung or rectangular for floor standing.
- With 102dB/watt sensitivity, even small powered amps provide plenty of output.
Complete details and plans are available from
TLAH DIY Line Array Kit Includes:
- Every nut, bolt, screw and washer to complete your cab. All hardware and screws are black
- 1 tube PL Constuction Adhesive
- 8 or 9 Dayton PC105-8 midbass drivers
- 12 Goldwood silk dome tweeters
- All crossover parts
- No dish plate in this kit.
Excellent video from Builder Oscar Cavazos